Your time at home with your family is precious.
Your kids need your attention and care, then you have to think about the meals, laundry, housecleaning, bills and the list goes on.
The best way to handle your time is to think about what needs to get done, then make a list and make a plan.
Weekday mornings can be very chaotic and frustrating for everyone. Start getting things ready in the evenings and your life will be much easier.
Here are some of the things that you can do the night before:
- Have the kids shower at night.
- Help the kids pick out what they want to wear the next day.
- Make all of the lunches, get everyone to help.
- Plan a fast breakfast and set out everything you'll need for breakfast.
- Ask the kids what they need for the next day,
do they have any papers that need to be signed?
- Any extra supplies that they will need?
- Teach them to pack their backpacks at night.
- Have them place their shoes, coats, hats, gloves
and everything they'll need by the door.
- Get them in the habit of planning ahead too,
and taking responsibility for their own things.
Even if you can't do everything I've suggested, try a few and see how much easier things will be in the mornings.
In the evenings instead of watching tv, you can play a board game or read a book together.
When the kids have homework to do and you need to get dinner ready, have them do their homework in the kitchen while you are making dinner, that way you will be handy when they have questions.
Kids thrive on routine, sharing your time during a meal is a great habit, try to have dinner together every night. Use the time to share your thoughts and catch up on everyone's day.
Plan a family game night each week, you can take turns on choosing what games to play. This will help keep the focus on the family and give everyone a break from their regular routine.
Plan ahead for weekend fun
Don't forget to include some time for fun, plan ahead to make your weekends together special.
Take a vacation, without spending a fortune
Keep your kids entertained on road trips
Return to Home Page
- Go to the local park.
- Visit the library and check out books to take home.
- Go for a bike ride together.
- Visit the zoo.
- Find a special movie, one you will all enjoy.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood.