Money Saving Ideas
Everyone could use a little help these days saving money,
try a few of these money saving ideas.
One of the best tips on saving money;
- Save on late fees by paying all of your bills on time.
- Return library books and dvd rentals on time.
- Use a debit card or cash for all of your purchases.
- Make a list before you go shopping.
- Check your cupboards before you go grocery shopping.
Use what you have on-hand before buying more food.
- Before you replace a broken or torn item, can you fix it?
Or could someone else fix it for you?
- Are you paying bank fees for using the ATM machine?
It may only be $1 or $2 but it does add up over time.
- When was the last time you checked your auto insurance rates?
You could find a lower rate and save money every month.
- Save money on clothes by shopping at the thrift store.
Sometimes you can find brand new items for alot less.
- Don't go out to lunch every day,
pack your lunch and save time and money.
- Go to the library more often,
instead of buying books you can borrow them.
- When you file your taxes this year, fill out the short
and long form and compare. You may save money by itemizing.
- Start using cold water when doing laundry,
you'll save money on the utility costs.
- Cook more often at home, eating out can really add up.
- Create a budget and track your spending.
- Refinance your mortgage. If you rent, find a less expensive place.
- Consolidate your debt. Talk to your bank, they may be able to consolidate several payments and lower monthly payments.
- Stop impulse buying, make a list of what you need
and don't buy extras.
- Start carpooling, maybe people that you work with would like to carpool with you to save money on gas.
- Stop bad habits, like smoking. Is it really worth it?
- For nights out together, find other parents and take
turns watching the kids. You'll save money on babysitters.
Stop buying everything new.
Check the garage sales, search online for used items first.
If you have to buy something new,
search for the best price before you buy.
Return to Family Budget from Money Saving Ideas
Return to Home Page from Money Saving Ideas